Vegas is More Than Casinos and Gambling
“Everything and anything you want to do, you can do in Las Vegas.” – Drew Carey
Drew Carey has it right! While the first things that may come to mind when you think of Las Vegas are casinos and gambling, there are a lot of things to do that don’t revolve around slot machines, blackjack, and roulette tables. In fact, lots of visitors don’t spend any money in the casinos because they’re too busy enjoying all of the other things that Vegas has to offer.
Not sure what you want to do? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- See Some Shows: If you want to see some amazing entertainment acts, then you will have no problem finding them in Las Vegas. You can see singers, dancers, comedians, and so much more. Many popular entertainers are artists-in-residence in Las Vegas with regular performances throughout the year. And different venues work hard to bring in the most popular performers at the time. Head to LasVegas.com to see what shows are coming up.
- Shop, Shop, and Shop Some More: You may not think about Las Vegas as a destination for shopping, but there is excellent shopping for everyone. There are designer stores like Hermès and Louis Vuitton if you want to treat yourself to something special. There are also great outlets and malls if that’s more your thing. And, if you like hitting the thrift shops to find some bargains, Vegas has some great ones – some that even specialize in designer clothes and accessories.
- Helicopter Ride Over the Grand Canyon: If you want to see the Grand Canyon, then there’s no better way to do so than from a helicopter. Most tour companies will pick you up at your hotel and take you on a scenic ride where you will see the West Rim, Hoover Dam, and then land on a bluff to take some photos. (You can even arrange to have champagne and snacks when you land.)
- Relax by the Pool: Las Vegas has a reputation for being all hustle and bustle, but if you want to relax, there is no shortage of pools where you can lounge. You can sit poolside and suntan or cool off in the water. And if you need a beverage to quench your thirst, most of the hotels have fantastic poolside bars.
- Visit Some Attractions: There are lots of attractions you can visit while in Las Vegas, too. Some notable ones to put on your list:
- Enjoy Some Fine Dining: At one point in time, Las Vegas was known for its extravagant buffets, and while they do still exist, there are many fine dining experiences in Las Vegas, too. It’s become a place where many of the top chefs in the world open restaurants. Gordon Ramsay, Giada de Laurentis, Guy Fieri, Nobu Matsuhisa, and Bobby Flay are just a few of the celebrity chefs with restaurants there.
- Attend a Sporting Event: Las Vegas is home to three professional sports teams if you want to go and cheer loudly! You can attend a professional hockey game and see the Vegas Golden Knights or women’s professional basketball and see the Las Vegas Aces. This fall you’ll also be able to see NFL football when the Las Vegas Raiders begin playing in Vegas. And, there are all sorts of different sporting events throughout the year including rodeo and NCAA basketball, along with boxing and UFC fights.
Even if you don’t like to gamble, Las Vegas has lots of things you can do if you plan to visit. What would you do if you were vacationing there?