Must-Have Kitchen Appliances
When it comes to stocking your kitchen with small appliances, it’s important to think about what you’ll be cooking and how much space you have on your countertops or cupboards to store them. After all, you want appliances that are going to be worth the investment and used often – not forgotten in a closet. Check out this list to see what you might need to add to your kitchen!
- Slow Cooker: Slow cookers have been around for a long time. They offer you the ability to throw in all of your ingredients before you leave the house and come home to something warm and delicious. Today’s slow cookers have timers and delayed starts, making them perfect for working families. And, the clean up is quite easy with slow cooker liners and removable crocks that can go in the dishwasher.
- Blender: A good blender is definitely worth the investment. You can use it for smoothies or for pureeing soups or the perfect frozen margarita. A blender can help with lots of things.
- Toaster Oven: You could buy a toaster, but a toaster oven may be a more worthwhile purchase. With the ability to act as a small oven, you can use it for more than toasting a bagel before work. You can bake small batches of cookies or use it to keep items warm while entertaining. It’s a great addition to your kitchen when you find your large oven occupied.
- Coffee Maker: Coffee makers are a matter of personal preference, but you should definitely have one. You can go with a traditional coffee pot or a pod coffee maker or even a fancy espresso machine if that’s what you like. Even if you’re not a coffee lover, a small coffee pot is great to have should company stop by.
- Stand Mixer: If you don’t have one already you don’t know what you’re missing. A stand mixer just makes everything easier! From cookie dough to bread dough to shredding pork and chicken, your stand mixer can do it all.
- Electric Kettle: This one may not be on your radar, but an electric kettle is great. While it can help you make a quick cup of tea, it’s also great for when you need boiling water fast. Electric kettles automatically turn off and are usually more energy efficient than boiling water in a microwave.
- Food Processor: What can’t a food processor do? Slice, dice, grate, mix, and more, a food processor can do a lot of things and do them fast! They come in several sizes so be sure to take a look at which one meets your needs.
- Electric Grill: Sometimes you want to grill, but you don’t want to head outside. That’s why you should have an electric grill. You can now sear your favorite meal right in your kitchen. Additionally, a good indoor grill will help you stay healthy as they are slotted and help cut the fat.
- Optional Small Appliances: Of course, there are some other additional small appliances you may want to consider depending on what you love to cook. Here are a few optional items for you.
- Air Fryer: These are increasing in popularity and are much improved from the models released a few years ago. Great for frozen food that might be traditionally fried, an air fryer can help give you the taste you want with less fat and calories.
- Instant Cooker: It seems that everyone has an instant cooker. These multi-purpose cookers can be used as a slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, warmer and more.
What appliances do you have that you just can’t live without? Whether it’s your first apartment or you’re just double-checking to make sure you have a smartly stocked kitchen, these are some appliances that you may want or need in your home.