Fabulous Housewarming Gifts
Do you have friends or family that are moving into a new place? Are they working to put their personal stamp on their new home? Unpacking fast and furiously? Getting everything set up so that they can enjoy all that their new home has to offer? If the answer is yes, then maybe you’d like to get them a housewarming gift.
Housewarming gifts go back hundreds of years when people would actually bring firewood to a person’s new home to help them keep warm. There’s no need to bring firewood these days, but your friends or family might like one of the following gifts.
- Gift Card to Someplace Close By: Are your friends moving to a new neighborhood? Then how about a gift card to a local restaurant – someplace close to their new home? This gives them the chance to explore someplace new and, perhaps, take a break from unpacking.
- Reusable Storage Containers: This may not seem like the most exciting of gifts, but it’s definitely useful – especially if you understand the frustration of trying to find a lid that matches one of your current reusable storage containers. It’s practical, and maybe the new homeowners will be able to get rid of some of their older containers that have seen better days.
- Plants: Plants are always a great gift. They help purify the air in a home, bring nature indoors, and studies have shown that they can even reduce stress. There are lots of varieties available, but these tend to do well indoors:
- Peace Lily
- Bonsai Tree
- Money Plant
- Spider Plant
- Holiday Cactus
- Snake Plant
- Personalized Welcome Mat: Your friends may want to do all they can to keep their new place spotless. A welcome mat at the front door can help keep dirt from tracking in. And, sure, you could pick up a welcome mat at your local home improvement store, but why not get them a personalized one?
- Essential Oil Diffuser: Who doesn’t want a home that smells great? And while candles are excellent gifts, eventually they’ll be gone. So, pick up an essential oil diffuser as a housewarming gift. This allows the receiver to customize their scents based on their personal preferences, and it can be used over and over again.
- Kitchen Dish Towels: Kitchen dish towels are another gift that may not rank high on the excitement meter, but they’re practical, and there are tons of different ones available. You can find some with cute sayings and others that are pretty. Choose ones your friends will love!
- Electric Corkscrew: Wine lovers will love an electric corkscrew. There’s no easier way to open a wine bottle than with one of these! (And, of course, bring a bottle of wine.)
- Throw Blanket: A good throw blanket can both help keep you warm and dress up the couch – which means your friends will love this gift. If you know their tastes in decor, try to pick one that fits their style.
Don’t wait for a housewarming party to pick up a gift for friends or family moving into a new place. Just grab one of these and bring it to them. They’ll love your thoughtfulness!