10 Asian Dishes You Can Make at Home
When it comes to takeout dishes – what do you always order? Pizza? Indian food? Asian cuisine?
If you’re a fan of Asian takeout, but not a fan of what it does to your wallet, you should start making some delicious meals at home. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to create takeout-style Asian meals at home.
- Thai Stir Fried Noodles (Pad See Ew): Pad Thai might be the most popular Thai-inspired takeout dish, but if you haven’t tried Pad See Ew – you need to! These Thai stir-fried noodles have a delicious flavor that is sweet, savory, and slightly sour all at the same time. It comes together quickly and is great for busy weeknights!
- Korean-Style Pork and Rice: If you haven’t tried a lot of Korean dishes – this is a great place to start! The gochujang sauce is fantastic, and the brown rice helps to make it a bit healthier. Kids and adults will like this dish.
- Asian Honey Chicken: If you love takeout Asian Honey Chicken, you are going to love the homemade version even more. All that delicious crispy chicken, the sweet honey sauce and you can even add a little more heat to this dish because you control the crushed red pepper flakes.
- Salmon Teriyaki Noodles: This dish doesn’t have a whole lot of ingredients, but it sure does have a whole lot of flavor. If you’re not a fan of rice noodles, you could easily substitute in brown rice, or a pasta you do like.
- Chow Mein: Chow Mein is a classic takeout dish, and while this recipe doesn’t call for a protein, you can add shrimp or chicken quite easily. And yes, make extra so you have leftovers for lunch!
- Crispy Sesame Chicken with a Sticky Asian Sauce: When you order takeout Chinese food, you probably don’t look at the calorie-count too often – which is a good thing – because you probably don’t want to know what it is. This homemade version works to cut the calories, but not the flavor. It won’t disappoint!
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli: Slow cooker meals are a big time saver. You can put in your ingredients, walk away, and come home to a tasty meal. This Beef and Broccoli dish will hit the mark when it comes to flavor!
- Banh Mi: A Banh Mi is a delicious Vietnamese sandwich, and you can make it at home. It’s great for the summer time when you can head outside to grill your pork or chicken. Definitely make the homemade Lemongrass Pork Marinade. It makes the sandwich!
- Better-Than-Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice: The name says it all, and the dish delivers what it promises. And don’t feel like you need to only use the vegetables listed in the recipe. Fried rice is a great dish to use some of your leftover veggies from previous meals or those that you need to use up in your refrigerator.
- Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice): Nasi Goreng is another fried rice dish, but popular in Indonesia and Malaysia. It has a very different flavor profile from traditional fried rice and is served with a fried egg and fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Give it a try! You may like it better than your regular fried rice.
Are you ready to take the plunge and start cooking some delicious Asian dishes at home? Do you already have some favorite recipes? Be sure to share your favorite Asian recipes so everyone can give them a try.